Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back to the Commerce

At the Commerce again, this time to register for the $220 poker tournament. Today was day 1a and tomorrow is day 1b. I will be playing 2b and it should get a field over 900 players. After i registered I played in the $40 cash game. I just played tight solid poker for a while because I was up just a little bit but mostly won all my money from one big hand. It plays itself pretty simple but its a good story. I had pocket Aces in the big blind. An aggressive middle position player made it $10, I min raised to $20 and we were heads up to the flop. The flop was 7-7-A. I have the second nuts and no way am I folding. I check and he did exactly what I thought. He grabbed a random amount of chips in a stack, it came to be $26. I think for 20 seconds and call. Now this player usually moves in dark after this move when he got a pair or better. He really looked like he was going to but he just bet $20 when the turn came out. I called. The river was usually to me and I can't even tell you what it was. I bet $20 and he just calls which is weird to me cause he had another $20 behind and I could only put him on a 7. Well he shows right away Ace-Jack even tho I am first to act. This is where I decide to be tricky I turn over my hand but my cards are one on top of the other. I show the Ace and then really quickly snap the other Ace out from behind and the whole table goes "Wow". I was actually mad I didn't get all his money on that hand. I cashed out shortly after for a profit of $160.

Year total +1150. 

Wish me luck in the tournament.

No comments: